Saturday 1 June 2013

Catch up Inchies - Every Inchie Monday - Happiness, Broom and Street Sweeper!

For the "happiness" inchie all I could think of was wanting to see the sun and then I'd be happy - this cold and rainy weather is soo depressing!  A nice big happy smiley sun is happiness to me.


For the "broom" inchie I broke a small piece off of a corn dolly I had in the kitchen and stitched it to a piece of material with leaves on because I thought it would be evocative of sweeping up leaves in autumn. A small piece of corn for the brush part and embroidered  bristles completes the inchie with a couple of the leaves touched up too.

And my last inchie catch up for the moment is the "street sweeper".  I saw a sketch once that the Irish comedian Dave Allen did where he was a road sweeper and he lifted the corner of the pavement and brushed the rubbish, so to speak "under the carpet"!!! I thought this would be a fun inchie to do and almost regretted it once I'd started - however I persevered and this is the result!


1 comment: