Saturday 1 June 2013

Catch up Inchies, for every Inchie Monday-- Star, Girl, and Stone

So as I say, having just decided to participate in Every Inchie Monday I have been doing some catch up inchies starting with the first three.  Star -- now there's a one and the only reason I decided to do this was that I was playing around with a piece of orange peel wondering if I could make a stamp with it, and I cut a star, it wasn't a very good shape so as I trimmed it it got smaller and smaller until I was happy with it and wondered what it would look like if I dried it in the Rayburn oven!  20 minutes later it looked like this and I was amazed at how like a starfish it was so that's how I came upon doing this inchie.

Then I thought well I wonder how hard "Girl could be! and found a tiny sample fabric with girls on holding bunches of flowers so I selected one - cut it with my one inch square die cuts and embroidered her adding beads as flowers.

And the next one I did was "stone".  I had seen a technique in a magazine I have for actually attaching real stones to an embroidered scene ... could I find it??  I did eventually and you have to encase the stone in a sheer fabric like organza and then attached it to the base cloth and by embroidering over the organza it gives the impression of flora growing over the stone ... at least that's what I hope it looks like!

So those were my first three inches which I did at the beginning of May - it has taken all month to try and catch up but there are several I haven't completed yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment