Sunday 23 June 2013

More Catch up Inchies - Wave, Glasses and Footprint

Well I have finally finished all the Every Inchie Monday inchies that preceded the one I started with this year which was Melody and was posted for Monday May 27th!  So I am going to post them in threes as I started doing when I first decided to join this challenge my aim being to do all the inchies in material and embroidery.  Unfortunately I started with the first one "star" at the beginning of May and managed to do about 12 in order during the next 3 weeks but realised if I didn't make and post the inchie due that date I would never join this challenge - so I have managed to keep up to date and meanwhile have been playing catch up with past Inchie subjects. 

So the next one in order of posting is Wave.  I decided I wanted to do this in Felting however  having chosen a piece of black felt to felt my wool on I tried to do a wave but somehow got lost and couldn't make it look right - even after I'd added some beads for the foam it didn't look right.  I showed it to a couple of people and the general consensus was I'd made it too light underneath the wave so I added embroidery in a darker thread and some white French knots on the top.  Still not happy with it but I've now put too much time into it so it will have to do.




My next catch up inchie is Glasses and I immediately thought of Harry Potter!!  My own daughter had to wear glasses when she was 3 and they were the National Health ones the same as Harry's so I feel empathy for him!  I drew him out on the material but realised it was going to be difficult to embroider his skin so I have done a reverse shadow (although it looks like he's got a beard!!) and when it came to his hair instead of doing it in black thread I stayed with the neutral giving it a sepia look - I hope!!! Of course the glasses were bent wire. Am very pleased with him actually!!

My third catch up is Footprint and I found a tiny stamp of a pawprint in all my rubber stamps - didn't even know I had it was looking for something else entirely so stamped in black and embroidered over it!  I love it though - think it's so cute!

3 comments:

  1. These are all lovely and pretty! You are great at stitch work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Harry Potter and I recognised him instantly. I don't think he looks like he has a beard. I see that as the dark background, so he has a lovely, young face.

    The footprint is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful inchies, you are definitely hooked.

    ReplyDelete