Monday 18 November 2013

Every Inchie Monday - Old

Hello you Monday people.  Today's challenge word is "old" and I think that's quite a difficult concept to put in a picture on a one inch square!  Especially in fabric and embroidery which is my favoured medium only because when I started I thought it would be a way of experimenting with different techniques!!  So now I'm committed and somehow a grandfather clock didn't suit my medium!!  So I was thinking and I came up with the oldest conundrum I know "Which came first - the chicken or the egg?!"  So I have tried to portray that - I had some material with small chickens on and tried to make a 3D egg!!  It's not exactly what I had thought it would look like but I had problems with the egg after I'd stitched it and pricked my finger and stared askance at a bloody egg!!! After a lot of sucking (the material I meant not the finger!!) I managed to get it to a colour that was egg like and I'm afraid I've gone with what I've got rather than start again!  However the idea I thought was good - maybe not such a good production of it!!  Oh well - you can't win them all!!  Have a happy Monday and don't forget to click this link at everyinchiemonday to see what other inchie makers have done!

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant thinking!! I love how your inchie turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute chick! I know what you mean about sucking....works on blood rather than fingers :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea and love how it turned out. I think you are having a bit of an issue with blood this last week !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a great job. Very good thinking, I never would have thought of that! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuteness in an inch. Fabulous piece and brilliant thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this one. such a cute idea & I love the fabric of choice great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a clever interpretation. There's a very long explanation of what must have come first - all to do with Darwin and evolution - but I don't think I have space for it here. Maybe I'll do a blog post about it.

    ReplyDelete