Tuesday 9 February 2016

Every Inchie Monday - Slippers

Well it's Tuesday - I didn't really get time yesterday to finish my inchie and I have to say I rather picked a difficult way to portray this weeks everyinchiemonday challenge word - Slippers!  I know these words come from the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy now but as I have only got to chapter 4 I still don't know too much about it and I like to do diverse and unexpected so I decided I wanted to go exotic and found a picture on the internet of a pair of antique slippers which I thought I could do with picot stitch and loop stitch.  This is the picture:

And this is how my embroidered slippers turned out!!  I think they actually look better for real than on the photo but I enjoyed making them and have learnt two more stitches to add to my repertoire!! Thanks for visiting and make sure you click the link to view everybody else's inchies this week.
 


5 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing slippers :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Jenny, I think Arthur might find them a bit fluffy, but I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous Jenny, I think Arthur might find them a bit fluffy, but I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome work - love your antique slippers - Arthur is wearing slippers and a bathrobe when he first encounters Ford, and I can't think when or it he changes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those little embroidered slippers!

    ReplyDelete