Monday 23 May 2016

Every Inchie Monday - Button

This one seems too simple, challenge word for Every Inchie Monday is button!!  Just sew on a button to an inch!  So I was going to make it more difficult and try and make a raised button and embroider something like "push" or "on" as in a button on a computer but .... my son gets married next Saturday, we have a wedding cake to make, I have to iron shirts and dresses, make a card and get the house ready for four children who are coming on Sunday for their half term whilst new mummy and new daddy go on their honeymoon!!  So I'm afraid I went for the easiest route and it's a button on a piece of one inch material, however since I didn't have any antique buttons or anything remotely interesting I chose a button that made me smile - a little owl that I purchased at a show last year. I tried sewing it on with the contrasting red thread but it made the owl look like it had a grim little mouth!!!  The matching light blue isn't much better but maybe not so bad!  Thank you for dropping by and for any comments - I love to read them they make it all worth doing and please click the link to view the other button inchies.

7 comments:

  1. A wedding, how exciting. I hope you have a wonderful time! I love your little owl button. No, the blue is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cute little button which hopefully helped reduced some of the stresses of getting ready for everything that's happening around you:-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. an adorable owl button - hope you enjoy your upcoming wedding - such a lot of work, but always worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love owls so this button is adorable! Enjoy the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love owls, and love your button. Have a fabulous wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete