Wednesday 8 June 2016

Every Inchie Monday - Robot and Ghastly

Since I missed last week, as I was child-sitting four grandchildren and with this wonderful weather we were swimming, barbecuing and picnicking all the time, I failed to get my robot inchie on the link in time as we had to take the children home on Sunday and I got back Monday!  So I am posting it with this week's inchie for the everyinchiemonday challenge word Ghastly - hope you don't mind!!  By the way the wedding went very well indeed and even the weather was kind to us.  So for a robot I just loved the idea of doing K9 the dog robot and although I'm not sure he did have red eyes I thought it put a bit of colour into the inchie plus the 9 looks more like a 7 but that's because I couldn't see where to sew!


For my ghastly inchie I looked up the definition of ghastly, as frankly all I could think of was a rubbish tip which I think is ghastly but a bit difficult to portray on an inch!! 

The definition is: causing great horror or fear; terrible, frightful, horrible, grim, dire, distressing, pale, ghostly, shocking, appalling, gruesome, grisly.  And so I think my ghastly inchie just about describes all those words, although having seen the photograph it loses something in the eyes as the beads I used glow and are quite piercing but they have been dulled by the photo!!  Even my husband commented how could such a small thing be so frightful!!  Hope you are all well and enjoying all this lovely sunshine and thank you for visiting and any comments you leave.  Please make sure you click the link to view other ghastly inchies!!!




4 comments:

  1. love your use of K9 for your robot inchie - wish I'd though of it! Yes that face depicts all those words you list - the eyes are pretty creepy even if they don't glow in the photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your robot dog, how cute! and the guy is super creepy looking I think the beads do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous inchies, love them both. Pleased everything went well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bead-y eyes on both really bring the works together. Great, thoughtful ideas for the inchies. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete