Monday 26 September 2016

Every Inchie Monday - Infinity and Briefcase

Where is all this time going?  Another week missed but not for trying - I rather scuppered myself in the execution of last week's challenge!  Infinity was the challenge word and apart from the mathematical sign I could only think of one character who said "To Infinity and Beyond!!"  Of course Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story - one of my grandchildren's favourites.  However - how to get him on an inch in embroidery!  Then I saw the Antiques Roadshow where they showed a beautiful embroidery done in silk of a lion snarling and a tiger, doing the same, by a Chinese embroiderer and it was magnificent and I thought it's like painting with thread - I could do that!  - What was I thinking!!!.... der!!  I started it on Monday - then got called away - tried again Wednesday then had to do a fill in job for someone who was ill on Thursday, we were in Birmingham Friday and had little Milly to look after at the weekend!  Hence I only finished him last night and wished I'd never started him but it was too late to start again so here he is mistakes and all!!  It is very difficult to see where the stitches go in real time - it's not till I take a photo of it and put it on the computer I realise how the stitches aren't quite true!!  Of course it's too late to try and correct it then so this is what I'm going with.
 
 
And then on to this week's EveryInchieMonday challenge - Briefcase.  I chose to do my dad's old briefcase that I remember him going off to London with every morning on the train - it was a Roman Italian leather briefcase with a snap fastner at the front - actually a more rounded shape than my inchie has portrayed but you never know how it's going to pan out and this bit of material came from a painting apron in the mending box - one of the ties had come loose so before mending it I cut a tiny bit off the end and there was my briefcase!!
 
Have a good week - ours has started with pouring rain but I have a multitude of things to do in the house so it doesn't bother me.  Thanks for calling by and for your comments and don't forget to click the link and see all the other amazing things people make.
 

7 comments:

  1. Busy bee aren't you! Buzz looks great as does your briefcase- I love that you've used a piece of your painting apron:-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are brilliant, especially Buzz. These are not easy are they, but get our brains working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I can't believe the work you put in to that little Buzz. Outstanding! Your briefcase is really nice too. A great remembrance of a family member!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your buzz lightyear is brilliant - I can't imagine even trying t do embroidery so small (and I like to embroider!0 well done, nice that your briefcase is your fathers -- good inchies - hope your week quiets down a bit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two amazing inchies. Looks as if you had a lot of work with the infinity one. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Buzz, he looks awesome. so much detail! I love that you recycled for the briefcase!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buzz looks so smart as does the case. Brilliant! c

    ReplyDelete