Wednesday 14 September 2016

Every Inchie Monday - Sky

I have had such a whirl wind of a time as it was my daughter's 40th Birthday last Thursday and we planned a family surprise weekend away in a beautiful old 16th Century Farmhouse complete with old beams and creaky floorboards to celebrate it!!  It was the surprise bit that kept me working all last week and the week before cooking for the freezer, making her cake last week, (well helping my other daughter make it - like cleaning up after her!!) and packing the car with everything we would need for three days!  I didn't know what was supplied at the Farmhouse so I took everything in case it wasn't there!  People thought we were going away for a month!!  Anyway it all went really well, lovely surprise and a great family weekend so I just thought I'd put a snap shot in to show the lovely beams in the kitchen and Charlie having just blown out her candles with the rest of the family looking on - well some of them!
 
So now I should actually have time to do some of my crafting that has been on hold for a few weeks.  This week on Everyinchiemonday our challenge word is sky. I had plenty of ideas for this one but when I went to my room and was looking for a suitable blue material I found a blue Moda which looked like it had clouds in it then I found a piece of wavy mottled brown which looked like a hill so hey presto that's what I went with.  I had an idea to felt a bit of fluff on for a fluffy white cloud but then I thought it needed something else so I put a balloon in too! 
 
 Nice to be back and hopefully I'll actually have time to leave you some comments - many thanks for your comments and for visiting.

6 comments:

  1. lovely inchie - the blue fabric is awesome and the balloon touch is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the inchie, so much going on with it! and congrats on being able to have such a cool birthday surpise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great party! I love your little Inchie. In Arizona, we get to see hot air balloons all the time. I just love yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The party sounded like great fun
    Love the inchie it is so beautiful

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been away all week, now trying to catch up as we are away all next week. Great inchie, good idea with the balloon.
    Looks like a fab party for Charlie (doesn't she look like you)

    ReplyDelete