Monday 24 October 2016

Every Inchie Monday - Pirate

I loved doing this one.  When I saw this week's Every Inchie Monday challenge word "Pirate" - I immediately thought of Captain Hook in Peter Pan - he's such a great character so I wanted to do a hook against a sea background but unfortunately when I had completed it - (not using a fishing hook as first intended, I had to bend a gold pipe cleaner but then was informed Captain Hook's hook is silver so I had to embroider it!!) well it looked empty - the hook alone just didn't do it - so I was wondering what else to put in my inch to make it look like Captain Hook when I saw one of DeeDee's feathers on the floor!  (DeeDee is my white umbrella cockatoo)  So I thought - "hat and a plume" - so that's what the red bit at the side is supposed to be - the brim of the hat with the feather or plume coming off and the black ringlets at the side of his face!!!  I hope now I've explained it you can see what it's supposed to be!!  I had to do bullion stitches to get the ringlets - not easy I can tell you!! especially at the edge of the inchie!  So here is Captain Hook:

 
And here is DeeDee!
 
Thanks for dropping by and your comments I had some lovely ones last week so many thanks for those.  Don't forget to visit all the other magnificent mini works of art by clicking the link here.  Hope your week is a good one.

7 comments:

  1. love your captain hook - such a good use of different materials

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful!! I love your captain hook !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the hook right away, but was glad for the explanation of the hat's plume! :). Very clever ... love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab idea, my thoughts did hover around peg legs, parrots etc, but gave up on those. Love your interpretation. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrific idea to do a hook hand!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic and creative inchie! I'm sure none of us would have noticed if the Captain had a gold hook LOL! And, thank you DeeDee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful inchie. Love your creativity.

    ReplyDelete