Monday 5 December 2016

Every Inchie Monday - 42

So here we are Week 49 on Every Inchie Monday and this week's challenge word is 42. As every word is from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy I can tell you that 42 is the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything from the supercomputer, Deep Thought, specially built for this purpose. It takes Deep Thought 7½ million years to compute and check the answer, which turns out to be 42.  However I didn't want to do the obvious and embroider the number so I sat (in Deep Thought my own computer!) and pondered what makes 42 and came up with 6 x 7 so I started doodling and made a star shape with 6 spokes and ended up putting 7 little lines on each spoke and ended up with this!


A snowflake!!  So I thought I'd do it in beads and the only reason I am showing you my doodle is that the "snowflake" is a bit more precise than my beadwork!!!  Here she is:

Quite hard to fit all those beads in but there are in fact 42 of them !!  Thanks for dropping by and your lovely comments - I always enjoy reading them.  Have a good week - shopping?!  Good luck!

6 comments:

  1. Great idea, and it is even better in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you the creative one? Love your way to express 42!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your train of thought!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your take on the theme! Why did I not think about that?!? I guess cuz it was your take on it and not mine haha but I love this and the beaded snowflake is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just so clever to work all that out to make this gorgeous inchie

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How absolutely clever! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete