Monday 13 February 2017

Every Inchie Monday - Cow

Well it is actually Monday for once!!  I have tried to get my cow done but boy was she difficult.  I was going to do the cow that jumped over the moon but thought she would be so tiny you probably wouldn't see her!  So I opted for one of my favourite types of cows - the highland cattle which we saw when we went to Scotland 5 years ago.  They are so beautiful and I thought I could make her golden locks in her fringe out of bullion knots!!  Great idea but in reality ... I was on the point of discarding it as rubbish when my husband stepped in to see what I was moaning about and said it was beautiful!  I don't know if he was just humouring me because he wanted me to stop as he was hungry for lunch or not!!  Anyway since I had put so much work into it and I don't now have time to start again I am going to run with it.  I am tempted to put a picture of the photo I was copying.  These inchies sound simple but they are not!  And to cap it all I have lost my 2016 inchies - still cannot find them anywhere having turned the place upside down - literally.  Am wondering now if they've been thrown away by mistake but am hoping they will eventually turn up.  Fingers crossed.  Thanks for stopping by and hope your week is a good one.  Oh and now I think I've burnt my marmalade - forgot it was still bubbling away on the hob!!!

Don't forget to click the link to visit Every Inchie Monday to see the other talented people's inchies.

6 comments:

  1. This is amazing and so clever to get all this texture on an inchie

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband is right, this is adorable and I am in amazement that you did all this in an inch! I pray that you find your inchies. HAve a great one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Highland coos are by far and away my fave.cattle & this is a brilliant interpretation ❤️

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, love Highland cattle, they are usually very gentle. Hope you find the 2016 ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! Great stitching! Here's hoping last years' turn up! c

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such a fantastic cow inchie!
    I hope you find your 2016 inchies soon. Last week I put some fabrics somewher - can't find it any more. One day it will be back I hope.

    ReplyDelete