Tuesday 28 March 2017

Every Inchie Monday - Peacock

What a beautiful bird the peacock is and it is the subject for this week's challenge at Every Inchie Monday.  Such gorgeous colours to work with and I wanted to bring the lusciousness of the feathers into my inchie this week but unfortunately I couldn't find my rayon embroidery threads which have that beautiful lustre so I have had to work with cotton but I still really enjoyed doing this one.  I had it already to sew on Saturday but my daughter turned up unexpectedly with her 2 year old so you can imagine everything planned went out the window!!!  I was expecting her anyway for Sunday - for Mother's Day - but she came for her husband's mother on the Saturday and as they were busy she decided to leave them to it and bring Milly to see me - only ten minutes away!!  So I got a double whammy which put paid to Sunday as well and then her cousin arrived with her 2 year old and it was the first time the two 2 year old second cousins have ever met so it was wonderful seeing these two little blonde girls the same height skipping along holding hands!!  A truly magical family weekend with my sister's-in-law family who stayed for Monday as well! Plus the weather was stunning - not so today as it is overcast and grey now and we started with a low lying mist that hasn't been burnt off by the sun.  It truly feels like Spring now that the clocks have gone forward as well. Anyway here is my Peacock:
Thanks for visiting my page and for any comments you leave and may you have a lovely week till next time.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic, you have captured the exotic look of it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how much detail you got in this one. the threads are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very exotic looking! They truly are such stunning birds be they blues or albinos, the latter always make me think of wedding dresses lol!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete