Tuesday 18 April 2017

Every Inchie Monday - Ladybird

Hope you all had a very Happy Easter - kids are all back at school today  - well I should really say the grandchildren are all back at school today!! so peace and quiet again!!  This Monday's challenge word on Every Inchie Monday is Ladybird and we have had a few hatching in our bedroom!  I keep seeing them climbing up the curtain!  So I have tried to do a stumpwork ladybird and followed a tutorial I found on the internet however I didn't have a lovely dark kreiner thread for the legs and the beads I had, which I thought were a mix of black and gold, turned out to be all the same - half black and half gold so it was quite hard getting them to sit with the black side facing!!!  But it was a lovely inchie to do this time and I really enjoyed it.  Hope you are all enjoying this lovely weather we are having and thanks for stopping by and any comments you leave.

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic inchie, it looks so real. I shouldn't have put mine on a dark background. See you on Saturday I hope.
    Hugs Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stumpy ladybird is a delight! Dixx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really something, Jenny! Wow! c

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Looks puffy and real!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ladybird looks real. Not sure I would like them in the house

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful piece of stumpwork!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete