Tuesday 4 April 2017

Every Inchie Monday - Parrot

We used to have parrots - we had 2 blue and gold's - Fred and George plus a blue wing called Harry and we also had an Umbrella cockatoo called DeeDee, which we still have and she is 24 this year, and a Moluccan Cockatoo called Mutley - but boy was he noisy!! Unfortunately we had to rehome them so the only one we have now is our DeeDee, I think I've posted a picture of her before as I used one of her feathers!  Anyway I thought I'd put a picture of my boys on for you to see how beautiful they were.


 
So guess what?  Yes I've done a blue and gold parrot for my inchie, I used the same technique as my duck using the waxing strip to draw my image and colour it with promarkers and then embroidered over it however the only mistake I made was using the thicker rayon black thread, I should have stuck to the thin black I used for the beak so the eye lines are a bit thick and heavy and I was a bit disappointed but I couldn't unpick it - just too tiny! 
 
Anyway please click here to view the other marvellous inchie parrots and thanks for dropping by and any comments you leave.
 

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous, you did exactly the same parrot as me. Great minds think alike, or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS yours is much better than mine. Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a brilliant parrot!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. A terrific post all about your parrots and a fantastic textured inchie

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you have captured all that delicious colour in your tiny stitching, and for sharing your parrot stories...such handsome chaps! Dixx

    ReplyDelete
  6. your parrots are beautiful and the sewn one is lovely,

    ReplyDelete