Monday 4 September 2017

Every Inchie Monday - Hermit Crab

Well it's still Monday so I made it!!  I have visitors from Italy staying and am experiencing the most amazing food!!  They insist on cooking as they love it!!  I don't mind cooking as long as I know what to cook but I hate having to decide what to do or try and make something up from what's left in the fridge.  Rosie's mum-in-law to be is a master of using up leftovers and making amazing dinners.  She's made fresh pasta, fresh gnocchi, fresh pizza dough and therefore pizzas - fresh Ragu sauce and tomato sauce - it's delicious - it seems the secret is to cook everything very slowly for a long time - she has things sitting on my rayburn for hours!!  But the taste is wonderful!  Tonight we had fresh tagliatelli with mushrooms and sausage!!  She used up the beef sausages in the fridge - but they tasted nicer than usual!!  It's been so nice as it gave me time to finish my little crab, this week's key word on everyinchiemonday, this afternoon when they all had a siesta!!  Anyway I was at a loss as to how to do this and the only way I could think was to make a shell out of coiled wool and then couch the red cord for the little crab with two black beads for eyes.  It looked more like a hermit crab in my draft drawing but I quite like the texture and I did colour the background with promarkers and silver thread in the water area - however the shell covers most of that!!!
 
Thank you for calling in and why not visit the other inchie makers talented work?  Many thanks too if you leave a comment by clicking the link - I always love hearing from you - it makes my day.

5 comments:

  1. I need to have Rosies MIL to come to my house! YUM! I love your crab! BEautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great crab, I didn't think about doing a hermit crab. All that food sounds wonderful and weight enhancing. I think Peter might be Italian, he's always having siestas !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done with the coiled shell 🐚 and I'm jealous of your visitors taking over your kitchen lol.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "food post" is making my mouth water! Oh yum! Love the hermit crab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What perfect guests! Nothing like fresh pasta...I used to make it when we had a small property and plenty of lovely fresh eggs to use up...enjoy the interlude while you can. Your inchie is lovely...great texture and colour and the fibrous look is very evocative of seaweed. Dixx

    ReplyDelete