Wednesday 20 September 2017

Every Inchie Monday - Trout

So we are staying with a sea theme and this week's challenge word on Everyinchiemonday is Trout.  I tried to do a trout twisting in the water so as to get it all in on an inch as it is rather long for a square!  It looked quite good after I'd drawn it but after actually embroidering it - I'm not so sure - it was difficult getting the black spots on it! and maybe I should have used a single thread as opposed to two!  It has become a little chunky however at least I've done it! 

We had guests staying over the weekend and was busy last week so have not had time to fit in any crafting hence being late this week.  Strange to think we only have 14 more to do for this year!! That means it's less than that till Christmas!!  Yikes!  Who mentioned Christmas? - have decided maybe I won't "Do" Christmas this year!!  And for anybody who knows me you'll know that's a big deal for me as I usually go overboard!!!  Anyway plenty of time to decide!!  I'll probably give in at the last minute and then will be racing round like a headless chicken!  Anyway weather is uppity at the moment ... rain and sun - don't know where we are - I think I'll put the washing out and just as I've hung the last item it starts raining ... hard .... so I'm ripping everything off the line as quickly as I can having spent ten minutes hanging it out!!  What a waste of time!!  Anyway hope you'll pop into the other inchie makers creative works of art by clicking the link and happy days to you all - Autumn is on its way the trees are beginning to change colour and soon it will be beautiful - I love this time of year - except the darker days.  Thanks for dropping by and for any comments you leave - always appreciated.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, ust removing some typo's- in too much of a rush as usual...D

      Delete
  2. You may feel your little fish is too chunky but I think the texture gives it a wonderful feeling of movement...lovely colours too. I gave up Christmas about five years ago...it's a long story and needs a glass of wine...but my daughter just won't let it drop...I am hoping this year to get away so they can't find me ;) Dixx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that you did a great job on your inchie. It looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trout is lovely, we did the same one, only I drew mind, couldn't face doing the twisted one in thread. Great to have a chat earlier, hope to see you soon.
    Love Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely interpreted trout!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete