Monday 20 November 2017

Every Inchie Monday

And another Monday bites the dust!!  Only five more to go!!  Where has this year gone?  And so I have actually finished my inchie on time as I have been instructed to rest!  I've gone and sprained my arm muscle so can't lift a kettle or do any cleaning or sorting etc. so I thought I'd sit and sew, and by keeping my elbow tucked into my side I have no pain but I am rather glad I have finished sewing.  Am a bit disappointed that the repeated sewing of the quills on the hedgehog have pulled the fabric and distorted my inchie.  Oh yes this weeks challenge word at everyinchiemonday is Hedgehog and my daughter came home with one a few weeks ago which was very young, so she made it a hibernation home and has tucked it somewhere in the garden so fingers crossed it will survive!  We used to have loads around our house and they used to frighten the dogs when I was walking them up the lane late at night.  Scared me too when they'd start barking and leaping around and then, by the light of my torch,  I'd see this poor creature curled in a ball at my feet!  I guess the dogs had sniffed it and got a spike up their nostrils for their trouble!!  But I haven't seen any in the past ten years.  Locally there is a hedgehog charity which had a stall at the local vet's open day and there were loads of little ones in a glass cubicle - very sweet things.  Anyway here is my little chap - again I should have used my magnifying light but I couldn't lift it so I made do without!
So now I am going to sit back and watch some TV ... in the afternoon  so bad!!!  But it is cold and we've lit a fire so why not ... maybe I deserve a rest.  Thanks for dropping in and any comments you leave.  I shall really miss this when it's finished.  Maybe I can join something else ... have a nice week!

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear, that must be awkward, but at least it makes you rest, I think you need to take a lesson from Peter, he's really good at it. Lovely hedgehog, I wish we had some here. I think I saw signs of one once, but the cats might have scared it off.
    REST and more REST
    Love Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your rest with a cosy fire on- poured with rain all day here so perfect crafting time!
    My brother brought in 4 minute hoglets a few years ago in the south of France, he fed them them took them to a rescue centre, did the same with tortoise- we kept them for years & the 1 that survives has been taken in by a neighbor of my parents.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your down time. your story and hedgy are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The open fire does sound cosy, so put your feet up, look after yourself and feel better soon. I always tuck my arms in now due to the arthritis in my shoulders and neck...some days I feel like a duck, rather, but it certainly helps reduce the pain! Your little hedgie is very sweet, I am glad you are able to stitch...Dx

    ReplyDelete